CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, February 27, 2009

Statement of Solidarity and Crazy Hair Day

You have probably heard of many since 2000 who have shaved off their hair in a statement of solidarity with those suffering from cancer. In fact, St. Baldrick's has held events in 48 states and 18 countries in which 71,000 volunteers have shaved their heads and raised almost $50 million in support of cancer research, either on their own or in a team of volunteers.

Well, this young man above decided to shave his head as he did over three years ago for his grandfather, but this time, he combined it with crazy hair day at school. His name is Randall Foster Miller, my grandson whose middle name is the same as mine. Isn’t that a great hair style? I never did that when I was a kid but in high school, I did bleach my hair. I took a toothbrush and put it on my hair but nothing changed. So I did it over and over again and finally it did change! For a while, I thought I would be kicked out of school for doing this, but somehow I survived. But Randall was more creative than I was. He did what he wanted and tied it into a school function! Randall is the son of Mike and Katie.

0 comments: