CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Card, "I Thought You Could Use a Lift."

My good friend Ginger Munck may have thought that I was really down. So she writes saying, "Keep loooking up!" Good advice for us all. I thought you would enjoy this. But I like the note I got from Don and Daly Young too. Dan is working in Denver and Daly is working here in our area. Pray for them too and their courage at this time. And be encouraged as I have been with reading what Dan wrote:

David and Koyce:

You two are an inspiration to all of us. This is a pretty formidable foe for both of you. Whether you think it shows or not (because of your human trepidation) you are demonstrating your lifelong faith and preparation in the Lord.

I have always been taken by the saying that, "It ain't courage if the fear isn't present." You two display an uncommon courage and it is inspiring and instructional to have this in our lives in the church and have both of you show us the way.

You walk the walk and talk the talk. You literally practice what you preach and I can't tell you how powerful that is for us to see that. If you think that you fall short, think again. You have our trust and love.

We, in the congregation, all need to understand the blessings we have. I believe that most of us do. The very fact that we have a life to begin with and fullness of it that we have been granted is a comfort. I have said to you before, that if I never receive another blessing, I still will have received a far greater share than I deserve....God is indeed good! God is indeed great!

Yet the greatest blessing is to be in Christ as both of you are. There is no greater blessing and, in its absence, none other matters. This is a gift which you, yourselves, have received AND have turned around and given it countless times to others. I'll bet you would have a hard time recounting how many times others have come to Christ and have been saved because both of you chose the path of our Lord.

I'll bet also that you have no idea of how many and in whom you have planted the seeds and/or made the ground of their hearts and minds fertile to later receive this true and one gift that matters.

Even more, what of the comforts and insights and support you have given to your families and congregations and acquaintances and friends AND strangers throughout at least fifty years.


If there is a measure of lives well-lived, I would think that yours would certainly be a measure without question. Yes, we all have our doubts and would-do-it-overs if we could...

On balance, you are unable to deny that you have been a blessing to this world.

On reflection, you must confirm that you have followed your good hearts to Christ and He will keep you now and well in His Plans.

On faith, you will see this through and be at peace and secure in His love and care of you.

I will be returning/visiting the Bay in the next couple of months. I fully expect to see both of you when I do so you can tell me firsthand of what God had done and how good He is.

Our prayers and thoughts are with you.

We love you.

0 comments: