CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Bump On the Head on the Bend in the Road

Toward the end of the week, I was cleaning up my mess around my dest and I took a small box to the closest where I have had my office. But as I laid the box down, the box fell off the stuff I had placed it on and I turned to catch it before it hit the floor. In the meantime, my body was out of sink and I tripped over my slippers and my head hit the closet opeining. Although I was wearing a cap, it still roughed some skin off the top of my head and it started bleeding.

When Nurse Oyin stopped by, she helped take care of my head and checked out the other parts of my catheter. The next morning, I went up to the hospital to see how my platelets and white blood count were coming along. Laurie, my nurse that is pictured above was somewhat alarmed by the situation as the while cells were at 300 for the third day and they should be between 4500 and 10,000. And the platelets and red cell were down too and since they wanted clotting to take place with the open sore on my head and the while cells were down so low, they couldn’t fight the possible infection for the head. For the first time, they were talking about such a would, if not handled properly, could be fatal. Now, they had my attention! So, I was given 2 units of blood and one unit olf platelets. I got to the hospital at 10:00 and got an exam of the head and then the units of platelots and blood took another five or so hours. Fortunately, it was Saturday and I was able to catch the UCLA/Arizona game and the Cal and Stanford game. In the meantime, I nned to be extremely careful not to get any kind of infections since the next step is to go to Stanford for the Apheresis treatement which is the next step.

Then Koyce went got me a Chinese Chicken and Sesame dinner and they micro waived it in their oven. Then we went home and hald a Pork Tenderloin and potatoes with cords and apple sauce for a Valentine Dinner. It wasn’t as great a day for Valentines as we had in the Mania Hotel four years earlier after we got bumped in the Philippines. But the day turned out well and we walked away convinced and wonderfully we are made and how important it is to take extra care with our bodied.

Being Valentine’s Day, our good friend Dorothy Moore that we knew from El Cerrito times wrote to say, My Dear Friends, I am praying much for you both and on this Valentine’s Day. I want to tell you that I love you dearly and praise God for you and your work for your Lord. I am with you in spirit while you are going through these tough days. And God is always faithful and I am so glad we have him to rely on. Sincerely with love and prayers, Dorothy (Moore). (Jeremiah 33:3).” What a sweet friend. This gave us an opportunity to talk about how she changed our life some 50 years before. Praise God for good and loyal friends throughout the years.

0 comments: