CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, May 10, 2009

",,,and there great friends God give you too."

A family with two teenagers in our church sent me the neatest card. First, it started out by saying “There are greater things than you can IMAGINE ahead of you—and there’s a great God walking beside you. When you open the card, a song starts playing ”How great is our God.” The lady of the house quoted Psalm 19:14-16 that says, “Because he loves me, ‘says the Lord,’ I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. He will call upon me, and I will answer him. I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him. With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation.’” Then she wrote “We thank God that you are in his care…the Great Physician. And what a story, you will have to tell! Can’t wait for your first Sunday back.”

Their college age son wrote, “I appreciate the time and effort you put in to the church. Can’t wait to have you back.” Their high school daughter wrote, “Pastor, we are praying for you. We appreciate all you do for our church.” Dad wrote, “Thank you for being such a great example to all of us. You are as much of an inspiration to us there in a hospital bed as you are here in our church. But we look forward to having you back with us soon.”



0 comments: