CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 9, 2009

A Principal Player at WCCA

In 1949, First Baptist Church began the Walnut Creek Christian Academy. The Academy is celebrating its 60th anniversary this year along with the church that is celebrating its 70th anniversary. The Principal of our schools is Esther McClellan who has done a superb job of leading our school board, our faculty and staff. Today, she emailed me the following encouraging note:

“Hi Pastor,
Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you both as you start the hardest leg of the journey. Just finished looking at your blog. What a great use of your time when so many of your activities are limited. Technology is great, and the Lord must be pleased with how you're using it to bless so many... your family, your friends, and maybe even strangers God sends your way.

We miss you at church. Terry did a great job, and we look forward to Scott's coming down next week. Still, no one can replace you!

Anyway, wanted to send along a note to remind you that I'm praying for you daily. I admire and respect you more than I can put into words. Thank God for sending you back to California, and thank you for listening to Him. You are good for our church, good for the school, good for my family, and good for me! Because you believed in me, you gave me confidence I didn't think I had to do a job I never even wanted! :) God works in mysterious ways!

From my notes on Chip Ingram's God As He Longs for You to See Him DVD series..."You are the object of God's affection. God is good to you not because you are good, but because He is." Psalm 84:11, "For the Lord God is a sun (unlimited resources) and a shield (unlimited protection). The Lord gives grace and glory. No good thing will He withhold from those who walk uprightly."

I am praying for abundant resources and protection for both you and Koyce.
Love, Esther.”

0 comments: