CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Visited my Oncologist Today

Here I am with Dr. Sattar who released me to The Stanford Medical Center today, January 27, and I will not see him again until sometime in May or June. He looked over all my tests and told me that everything looked normal--the heart which they emailed me from Stanford and told me that I had a lovely heart--the bone marrow test, the respiratory system and the PET scan. In fact, there was no evidence from the PET scan of any cancer! The two cycles of chemo has apparently killed it at this point. I could walk away from it all right now, but the chances of the cancer not returning are about 40%. But we want better odds than that and our hope is that the Stem Cell Transplant will rid us of this disease. On Thursday of this week, we will be at Stanford and then a busy week will follow over there beginning on February 2.

0 comments: