CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, January 19, 2009

Back at it in January 2009



We had a reprieve from treatment for three weeks over the Christmas holidays. But on January 6, 2009 the second cycle of the ICE treatment began with a visit to the oncologist at Kaiser and then twelve hours of chemo beginning Tuesday and going through Thursday. The first cycle went nicely and about ten days later, I started losing my hair. In Church on January 4, it was quite noticeable to our people . One of our friends wrote to us the next morning and asked if I had preached. Koyce intercepted the message and said, “Mary this is Koyce. Yes he did preach today and it was a great message. There were several of us with tears in our eyes not because of it being bad but because it was so great and with so much power and feeling that the Lord was in it. God gave him great strength and power in each word that was spoken. The song that finished the service was also very powerful.”

Below is a picture of our grandsons, Adam and Randall who shaved their heads in 2005 to show their solidarity with their grandpa.
Going back to Tuesday, January 6, we had a visit with our oncologist and we started the second cycle with a five hour session. As before, I brought my DVD player and watched the movie, Amazing Grace. I took the pills that they gave me for nausea and remembered taking three pills in the first cycle of Decadron, which is a steroid that got me up at 3:00 AM and kept me up the rest of the morning. The day went smoothly and on the way home we stopped to get some Protein Powder that I put in my chocolate milkshake later that evening.

0 comments: