CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Meeting my Oncologist, Dr. Sally Arai

Our good friend Jo Sherman dropped us this note just as I started my treatment at Stanford. She wrote, "You have been on my mind a great deal lately. Thank you for keeping us informed. I know you will be going to Stanford tomorrow to have labs, a chest X-ray and meet with your oncologist, Dr. Sally Arai. I will be praying all goes well and that you will be able to get going on what needs to be done. I also will be praying for your doctors, nurses, and all who are a part of this team. I reread your WHOLE blog from way back when you had to cancel the trip to Israel and have rescheduled it for 2010. I especially was touched by Tony Snow's article in Christianity Today, it really does say it all. I believe he was a true believer and is in heaven with the Lord. Jack and I loved to listen to him on TV and on the radio. He was truly a great guy and his testimony was truly inspirational.

Along with that I read Dr. Jeremiah's testimony and will get his book and read it so I am really in touch with what you are going through. David Jeremiah was my brother's pastor in Ft. Wayne, IN and I went to that church with them even before I was a Christian! I was very impressed with him at the time but after I became a Christian what he preached about that day came back to me and made so much sense!!!! My niece was their baby sitter and they lived very near the Jeremiah's. I am so thankful for the many blessings God has given me through the years but one of the greatest blessings I have had was to get a Th.B. from Western Baptist College and have you a my professor for so many classes! It was truly the best time of my life and God used your wisdom to make it such.

Thank you, David, I mean this from the bottom of my heart! Over the years I have thanked God many times for your wisdom and patience and just the encouragement you have been to me and so many others.Now it is my turn to encourage you! I know that you will get through this "bend in the road" in fine shape because there are many of us out here praying for you and Koyce. We love you and will continue to hold you up in prayer every day!

Love you both, Jo

0 comments: