CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Survivor Winner Has Cancer

The day after James “JT” Thomas was revealed as the winner of “Survivor: Cocantins,” news broke that Ethan Zohn, winner of “Survivor: Africa” has cancer.

“This is the ultimate game of Survivor and there’s really only one outcome, and that’s to win,” the 35-year-old told People on Monday. “There’s no other option.”

According to E! Online, night seats and strange itching led the reality-TV star to think he had some sort of skin condition until he was diagnosed with stage two Hodgkin’s disease April 30….He began chemotherapy treatments on Friday….”My life flashed before my eyes.”….However, the pair have good reason to be hopeful—survival rates for Hodgkin’s lymphoma are up to 90% percent.

Zohn will lose his signature curly hair within the next few weeks. He’ll take the initiative to buzz it himself before then.

For an update on myself, my hair is coming back in. It looks just like fuzz at this stage and it is darker on my face. I seem to be getting stronger and walking better. The doctors are still urging me not to be in crowds for awhile. I have a meeting June 5 at Stanford and hope to have some more green lights to attend church and even do some speaking. The church board, however, is urging me to get well so I won’t experience some kind of a relapse. They are so patient and kind. We have a great group of people at FBC in Walnut Creek.

0 comments: